Our Family: Billy, Christa, Miller, Merritt, Briggs and Jasper

Monday, June 9, 2008

Okay, Briggs too

Briggs had an Echocardiogram tonight and things looks "tight". No residual VSD, and all the valves look good. He still has a fever, but no increase in white blood cells, so this might be a virus instead of an infection (which would make sense since both girls have been sick lately). I'm a little concerned that he's not able to sit up on his own and hold his head stable, but he's had a rough week and now has a fever, so who knows what is "normal". More later.....I hope it's a quiet night.

7 comments:

laurie said...

I hope all of you are able to get some rest tonight! I wish I lived closer so I could be able to help. Although it sounds like you have a great support group. Thinking of you often! BTW, Savannah also loves to play fashion show and catwalk! Where do they learn this?

Jonathan Copulsky said...

Hang in there. We have been following your postings assiduously. We lost Ellen's mom last week (see my e-mail to Christa), so we are familiar with hours spent in a hospital room watching a patient.

Anonymous said...

please dont worry about him not holding himself up yet. sarah didnt stand for a full two weeks after her medical ordeal at 13 months old -- totally unrelated to muscles or coordination or anything. it was just her body saying i gotta REST! i think you can relate! i hope you are getting much better sleep at his bedside. sorry i didnt think ahead about offering to bring M&M to Discovery tonight. lots of folks asking about you and sending their good wishes and prayers. and of course his fever is the discovery bug. Sarah had it a week, then Sylvie, and Grace is just finishing it up. it's made the rounds. that's all it is. get some sleep and dream of the five of you all strong together.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with all of you. The pictures are just so touching, Briggs is such a sweet, sweet boy. He looks so comforted to be in both of your arms. You are terrific parents - stay strong. Sending hugs.

Anonymous said...

I've been checking the updates multiple times a day since Briggs' pre-op. He has proven over and over what a strong and amazing boy he is. He has been laying down for such a long time it will take sometime for him to engage his trunk muscles in sitting. I'm sure he just wants his mom and dad to cuddle with him all the time. Miller and Merrit on the catwalk is precious. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Your strength is inspiring.

The Portas said...

Don't worry about him not being able to hold his head up much. After our baby's surgery, he couldn't hold his head up or sit for a few days and it freaked me out! But....he hadn't used it in about a week, so of course it would take a while to start using those muscles again. Totally normal!

I loved the girly fashion show!! xoxo

Hugs to you guys!

Kathrynsmith11 said...

It is great to hear more positive news about sweet Briggs. I can not quit looking at the precious picture of him smiling. The fashion show was great. You are such an amazing mom juggling it all. I hope you all were able to get a little rest last night. Thinking of you all the time. Kathryn


Where did everyone go?

Sweet Briggs at Baptism

Sweet Briggs at Baptism