
We got such a great smile from Briggs this morning and he is in a much better mood (could it be the valium?). It's a big improvement though, because even doping him up didn't help before today. Also, so far, the blood culture is coming back negative for infection. We still need to wait and see if anything grows, but it's excellent news. I did break down yesterday and scream bad words at the staff here. Apparently when they took the chest tubes out 2 days ago, some of Briggs' blood got in a nurse's eye. So, she requested an HIV test from him with required another large blood draw. This is terrible for him since he no longer has an IV from which to draw blood. That piled onto a littany of other complaints sent me over the edge. But I am way over that now and so excited that he is seeming more and more like his normal self. Here's a picture of that smile I have been praying and waiting for :)
9 comments:
He looks great. So glad not to see him wrapped in wires anymore. So happy that you got to be together as a family. I know how special that was for everyone. Maybe Merritt has her Halloween costume picked out???? As for you....I'm positive you are not the first parent to have lost it and you definately won't be the last. Everyone needs to curse people once in a while, it makes you feel much better. You were just speaking for Briggs since he couldn't say it himself!.
Hey it's Jill, my mom just gave me the website and I have been reading it all day at work. I am so sorry to hear what is happening to Briggs. He is such a cute boy though! It breaks my heart to see him with all those tubes and wires. I'm so glad to see you have such a great support system there in the hospital and at home. I miss the olson family and want to see you all soon. The girls look so gorgeous (just like their mother) and it's amazing how much Briggs resembles Billy. My prayers are with you guys and I miss you all.
Oh, I love to see his smile! Glad things are going better so far today.
Briggs is lucky to have a mom like you to stand up for him. what enfuriating circumstances! i too would have lost it. at least you're nicer than me and didnt get yourself banned from the floor. that's it, this is now two unprecedented instances where he could use extra blood. I'm donating today or tomorrow. i knew i should have before, just in case, but didnt want to sound pessimistic. should have just done it. you guys are holding up amazingly well. i pray this is the toughest thing you'll ever have to go through in your lives, all five of you, and that this experience will bond you together even more solidly than before.
Hi Guys: Stuck here in Tucson airport reading the good news about Bruiser Briggs. Awesome smile!! Hang in there. John
It's so great to see him smiling! Amazing how something so small can make you feel like it's all going to be okay. Hope Merritt enjoyed her birthday celebration! I wouldn't give a second thought to losing your temper. Seems like you had grounds--and even if you didn't, who's really going to fault you for it right now?? xx Dru
So wonderful to see that smile! Briggs looks so precious. You look wonderful too. Much better than previous photos! Good to see the family back together. Hang in there. Sounds like your almost home!!
It's hard to believe that that was your first breakdown! I would have been in "time out" or possibly a padded room by now.
It was so nice to see smiles from the entire family. (We know Merritt was smiling behind the mask). We are all praying that we see more and more of them as the days go by!
oh how happy these two recent blogs make me-fabulous! I just want to grab your kids out of the computer and squeeze them so tight, you too for that matter. Hope to do so in person soon.
As for that nurse, she obviously doesn't have children-or class. Way to go Christa, although it doesn't help, you'll probably make her a better nurse down the road (hopefully) for other little kiddos
LOVE YOU ALL
Borny
Post a Comment