Our Family: Billy, Christa, Miller, Merritt, Briggs and Jasper

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good News, but kinda sad...




It was finally time to extubate Briggs, which is a huge milestone here and quite early! It means MAYBE we'll got to a non-ICU hospital floor tomorrow. His recovery is going so great and he is such a trooper! Once he was extubated, he seemed very uncomfortable, so they gave him morphine and it's not working. So now, since he can't really cry loudly after intubation, he moans with tears running down his cheeks. It's very sad and hopefully he will find some comfort soon. If not, I'll just ask for the morphine myself!! Here's a picture of Julie and I waiting for Briggs to be extubated (THANK YOU JULIE FOR DINNER!!!), and more pictures of pre- and post-extubation. He's SUCH A TROOPER! Please pray for his comfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord i can't imagine watching him suffer at all like that, sweet Briggsy! i do hope he quickly finds some ease in his road to recovery. everything so far has been ahead of schedule -- he's making great progress. I know he wont remember any of this. I wish you couldnt. Txt me if i can bring you food, ice-cream, coffee, anything. i cna even just drop it off and leave.
Elizabeth


Where did everyone go?

Sweet Briggs at Baptism

Sweet Briggs at Baptism