Lovin' the lemon swabs and wanting to hold balloons
Our Family: Billy, Christa, Miller, Merritt, Briggs and Jasper
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Extubation, Round Two
Okay, sorry I haven't posted lately - there is something wrong with the Stanford network. So, Briggs is finally extubated again. YAY! It was another scary experience though. They took out the tube when he was too sedated apparently and he did not breathe on his own for about 15 minutes that seemed like forever. They were going to reintubate him, which brought me to more tears (could I have any left?), but they decided to give a drug to reverse his sedation a bit and he finally breathed. They are watching him very carefully, but he is starting to seem like himself - what I imagine him to be like if he's a grumpy drunk :) He saw the balloons and immediately wanted to hold them, which is a little difficult with all the IV lines coming out of every appendage! And he said "da da". Very cute. He can't eat for another 5 hours, so he's going to be mad again - but hopefully we can find the right balance of sedation so we don't have another emergency episode! In the meantime, we're trying to keep him happy with these lemon flavored swaps (they are like huge Q-tips). Here are a few pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where did everyone go?
Sweet Briggs at Baptism
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(40)
-
▼
June
(33)
- It's been a while
- Doing well, and a video
- At least an answer!
- Anyone Still Out There?
- Happy Skinny Guy
- SUPRISE!!
- Great Day, Lots of Pictures
- Doing Much Better!
- Girls Visit Tuesday
- Infection is Likely
- Who Knows!
- Okay, Briggs too
- The Miller and Merritt Show
- Good News, Bad News
- Pretty good night
- Slow and Steady Progress
- A Few Firsts
- Decent night and finally eating!
- Extubation, Round Two
- It's 3am, I must be lonely
- Stable for Now
- NEED LOTS OF PRAYERS NOW
- Good Night Thursday
- Good News, but kinda sad...
- Waiting for him to wake up
- He's Stable, Still Asleep
- He's Done Already!
- He's In!!
- What is Open Heart Surgery?
- Pre-Op Complete
- Dr. Briggs
- Giving Thanks for Blood
- Escaping to Carmel
-
▼
June
(33)
5 comments:
Hi Guys: I hope this second time is a charm. Thinking of you all. John
Hi Billy and Christa, I have been thinking about you both all weekend and keeping Briggs in my prayers. I am hopefully that the best is yet to come. Hang in there, hopefully just a little bit longer. Christa, you (and Billy) are amazing...keep the updates coming. xoxo Lainie
Briggs the Bruiser... Briggs the grumpy drunk... he's going to have quite a legacy to live up to ;-) So glad he's doing well today. We continue to think of you all. Much love, Stefanie
I have been so worried since you haven't written since very early this morning. He is a little trooper alright. I used to use those swabs with Mary. Briggsy is the cutest little guy I can't wait to meet him and kiss him from head to toe. I love you all so much.
Amy
Billy, Christa, Briggs and the rest of the Olson Family,
you are all in our prayers. I can relate to what you are going thru because my brother was in the hospital for a whole year dealing with an illness himself. Stay strong for Briggs to give him strength aswell. Don't give up on him for he is showing you that at his age he is a fighter and wants to be with you for many years to come. He is a very special child of god. May god bless you all. I will be waiting anxiously to be able to visit him. much Love Maria
Post a Comment