Our Family: Billy, Christa, Miller, Merritt, Briggs and Jasper

Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's 3am, I must be lonely

Actually, it's only around 2am, but I always kind of liked that Matchbox 20 song...so, I'm not lonely either, little Brigsy is resting comfortably next to me. He is doing well - all his stats remain good and they are keeping him knocked out to give the little bugger some time to heal. We've confirmed he has a very fast metabolism like his daddy since he breaks through the pain meds and sedatives in less than an hour when they are supposed to last 3-4. They have him on 1 mg of Ativan (basically Valium) every hour if needed. This is bigger than the dose I was prescribed to take as needed this week to calm me down!! Hopefully tomorrow we can take out the breathing tube and we can give him something to eat and he'll start getting back to his old dancin' self. I'm really starting to miss his little personality. Every time he wakes up, he reaches for me and the look in his eyes is so sad, but I know he's getting stronger every hour and I can't wait to hold him finally!! I'm putting a picture of him dancing in hallway here before his operation :)


A big thanks again to Mary and Julie for their visits, and Mary Karen for dinner. Thanks to Katrina and Lynnie for some goodies that arrived at home today. Thanks also Laura for the balloons. In a rare moment of half clarity, Briggs reached for them and we helped him hold one for a few seconds. Hopefully that gave him a smile inside :)


We're about to change the bandage (actually I have nothing to do with it) - I wonder how it looks after being opened twice. I won't post any pictures of that - we'll leave that to the Discovery Channel.

Briggs' Little Pre-Operation Dance

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news! We have been thinking about you guys non-stop and I am thrilled that he is doing so much better. He is one tough cookie--sounds just like his mom! Keeping you & Briggs in our prayers and sending much love, April & Baker

Kathrynsmith11 said...

It is just relief to hear that he is stable and now he is resting comfortably. We will all anxiously wait for his next dancing picture. It was such a great idea to have this blog. I think everyone has been glued to the computer hoping for good news on sweet little Briggs. Lots of love and prayers, Kathryn

Anonymous said...

It's 9am and I'm picking up poop! (Mylo's that is). I actually woke up at 4am and got on the computer because I couldn't sleep and had to know how the Briggser was doing. I am so happy that the little man is doing better and I hope you and Billy are able to rest a little too. We love you guys so much!
Cla, Dan and Mylo

Anonymous said...

high metabolisms are hell for surgery procedures. i am sure your arms are aching to hold him -- it will be probably the most healing moment for you both. far better than ativan. i have never been so obsessed about refreshing a website. God Bless you all, and keep hanging in. you have tons of love and support, and i know Briggs must be feeling all yours.
We kept our entire weekend completely clear in case Billy's mom changes her mind about letting us play with Miller for a bit. ANYtime.

Unknown said...

What great news! We were so happy to wake up and learn that Briggs had a good night. Thanks for your blog. We are praying for continued progress today. Bonnie

Stefanie said...

Yippeee!!! What wonderful news! We are so thrilled to hear that Briggs had a good night. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. We are thinking of you guys nonstop! Much love, Stefanie

The Gearharts said...

We're so glad Briggs seems to be recovering well and hope to hear more good news soon! You are constantly in our thoughts--I'm even checking your blog from my phone while we're out. Sending love and healing thoughts.


Where did everyone go?

Sweet Briggs at Baptism

Sweet Briggs at Baptism