Briggs is SOOOO happy at home, I swear I have never seen him smile this much. Except for two occasions - when you try to feed him or put him anywhere near his crib. I'm posting a picture of his scar and pretty beat up chest from all the tubes, but it also shows how skinny he is. I think it actually looks pretty good! We have no idea why he is refusing to eat. He's eating a decent amount of baby food (maybe three jars a day, hardly enough), but we are having to syringe liquid into him because he will take nothing in a bottle or sippy cup. Not even straight up juice!! I'm worried he will become dehydrated soon, especially since he has to be on a diruetic for a month or so after surgery. We think this is just stress related and that he refuses to eat because he associates drinking and sleeping too much with bad things at the hospital. I still thing maybe his throat really hurts from two extubations. He also might have thrush...still a few unanswered questions, but he is HAPPY and it's beyond wonderful to see him this way. Tomorrow is Merritt's 4th birthday and I was hoping at this point we could focus on her for a change, and I think we'll meet that goal :) Thank you ALL for so much love and support.
Our Family: Billy, Christa, Miller, Merritt, Briggs and Jasper
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where did everyone go?
Sweet Briggs at Baptism
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(40)
-
▼
June
(33)
- It's been a while
- Doing well, and a video
- At least an answer!
- Anyone Still Out There?
- Happy Skinny Guy
- SUPRISE!!
- Great Day, Lots of Pictures
- Doing Much Better!
- Girls Visit Tuesday
- Infection is Likely
- Who Knows!
- Okay, Briggs too
- The Miller and Merritt Show
- Good News, Bad News
- Pretty good night
- Slow and Steady Progress
- A Few Firsts
- Decent night and finally eating!
- Extubation, Round Two
- It's 3am, I must be lonely
- Stable for Now
- NEED LOTS OF PRAYERS NOW
- Good Night Thursday
- Good News, but kinda sad...
- Waiting for him to wake up
- He's Stable, Still Asleep
- He's Done Already!
- He's In!!
- What is Open Heart Surgery?
- Pre-Op Complete
- Dr. Briggs
- Giving Thanks for Blood
- Escaping to Carmel
-
▼
June
(33)
7 comments:
Briggs looks great! Drew has those exact same dinosaur pants. Glad to hear things are going well, it will probably just take some time for him to get back to his usual routine. We miss seeing you guys around the hallways, but I'm so glad you're home!
Happy Skinny Guy couldn't be any cuter. I can't believe Merritt is going to be 4. WOW and to think I haven't ever seen her or Briggs breaks my heart. I am planning on visiting all of you by the end of summer.(Assuming I am invited.) I love you and I am so happy to see Briggs looking so good!
Briggs looks FANTASTIC!!!! Wonderful to see him so happy! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to Bill! I know this must be the best father's day ever! Thinking of you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Merritt! XO
So glad to see you all home and Briggs smiling! I hope he starts eating again soon too. I know that is stressful. Have you tried chocolate milk? That always worked with my two little ones. Happy Father's Day! I know it will be a special one.
What an amazing father's day gift -and gift to your entire family! It's wonderful to see Briggs up on his feet and wearing his beautiful smile. Love to you all,
Suzanne, David & Darren
He looks so happy, no matter if he's skinny or not. As for drinking and eating...it could be his way of trying to have some control over all the things that have happened in the last few weeks. He might not even know that's why he's doing it. Maybe try a new way of eating/drinking? Like through a crazy straw, or a "big kid" cup? They even make pedialyte "otter pops" now.
:)
Gina
well maybe he's done with bottles after this experience. i am once again in tears of relief and joy for you all -- i can not imagine the thrill and gratitude it was to wake in your own home and hear the familiar family and house sounds. Bless you all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERRITT!!! Love from us all.
Post a Comment