Miller taking care of Briggs; Briggs likes sealed air more than gifts! ; I hope Miller's not on call tonight :)
Our Family: Billy, Christa, Miller, Merritt, Briggs and Jasper
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Anyone Still Out There?
Well, we're not out of the woods yet. Briggs has been very uncomfortable and waking up every 30 minutes or so at night. I'm at the point where I think this is more than pyschological. We took him in today for another x-ray and echo and it all looks okay. But, they want us to watch him closely for a fever and tonight he seems be getting one. So far just 100.4, but we hope it goes down and not up. I just don't want to readmit him for another terrifying week of IVs and such. If there is an infection, let's pray it can be controlled via oral antibiotics at home. I'm also scheduled to leave on Thursday for a long ago planned girls spa vacation and it's very hard to leave. I really feel like I need it and Daddy is here and totally capable, but I would not want him to leave me wth this. SOOOOO, we'll see what happens tomorrow. In the meantime, here are a few cute pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where did everyone go?
Sweet Briggs at Baptism
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(40)
-
▼
June
(33)
- It's been a while
- Doing well, and a video
- At least an answer!
- Anyone Still Out There?
- Happy Skinny Guy
- SUPRISE!!
- Great Day, Lots of Pictures
- Doing Much Better!
- Girls Visit Tuesday
- Infection is Likely
- Who Knows!
- Okay, Briggs too
- The Miller and Merritt Show
- Good News, Bad News
- Pretty good night
- Slow and Steady Progress
- A Few Firsts
- Decent night and finally eating!
- Extubation, Round Two
- It's 3am, I must be lonely
- Stable for Now
- NEED LOTS OF PRAYERS NOW
- Good Night Thursday
- Good News, but kinda sad...
- Waiting for him to wake up
- He's Stable, Still Asleep
- He's Done Already!
- He's In!!
- What is Open Heart Surgery?
- Pre-Op Complete
- Dr. Briggs
- Giving Thanks for Blood
- Escaping to Carmel
-
▼
June
(33)
4 comments:
My fingers are crossed that there is no infection. Maybe the stress of the whole experience is catching up with Briggs. I'm sure it's nothing serious. As always, our prayers are with you! XO
Of COURSE we're all out here and checking the blog religiously. Do keep us posted. I can not imagine your struggle with this planned vacation. You've GOT to take it, which means Briggs the Bruiser has GOT to get 100% back on the road to recovery. We're all here. Check your email.
God bless!!
Still checking constantly! So glad to see some happy pictures -- must be wonderful to be home with the whole family. And Briggs looks great!! Such a fighter! Much love, Stefanie
I'm thinking of you and Briggs. I pray that there is NO fever. You do need to go on this trip, so I hope that Briggs is 100% before you leave so you can go and enjoy yourself.
Love,
Andrea
PS Thank you for dinner, it was so good!
Post a Comment